Sunday 2 August 2015

Transportation to and in Brazil !

Never in my life I have been more excited to travel to one country than I have been to travel to Brazil. It was, in a way a dream of a life time ! I can honestly say that I felt in love with Brazil, its people, weather, food, traffic, from the moment I touched foot at Sao Paulo airport.
Bom Dia Sao Paulo !
Bom Dia Sao Paulo !
The journey to Sao Paulo started from Paddington with the Heathrow Express, a 18min journey which takes you straight to Heathrow T5 !
The journey to Sao Paulo started from Paddington with the Heathrow Express, a 18min journey which takes you straight to Heathrow T5 !
I booked my flight to Sao Paulo about 2 weeks before departure… A bit last minute but sometimes you have to take opportunities when it comes ! I spent ages looking at all the fares and different airlines and set my heart on British Airways – with tickets fares, twice the price of the others, I assumed BA was offering the best service otherwise why charging that fare !?
British Airways plane
Sadly, the first leg of my trip was a disaster, 11h40 of torture !!! The economy seats were no bigger than in a Ryanair plane (which I don’t mind for 1 or 2hours) – but how can anybody think it is acceptable to give such seats for long flights ?!?!?
What ? Did you say 12h flight ???!!!! WINE PLEASE !!!
What ? Did you say 12h flight ???!!!! WINE PLEASE !!!
Thankfully, the return was much better, the crew was adorable and at everybody’s services. My crew was so attentive, they made us all feel like in first class; I am now praying for flying again with them. The in flight entertainment was better too.
Great added benefit, this seat allowed me to charge my Iphone and Ipad during the flight so I arrived in London 100% charged.
Inflight entertainment British airways
I tried to upgrade at Rio de Janeiro airport but was told the flight was fully booked unfortunately. With not much happening at Rio de Janeiro international airport, most probably due to the time of my flight 10.55pm, I decided to be brave and go to the VIP lounge. I asked if in exchange of a fee, I could stay in, unfortunately, BA gave strict instruction not to accept any travellers in its lounge (even those like me who were ready to pay)  No need to tell you that I am not impressed with this experience. Fortunately, Rio de Janeirro offers complimentary WIFI so time passed a little bit faster.
Hello !!! Is there anybody at Rio de Janeiro airport ;-)
Hello !!! Is there anybody at Rio de Janeiro airport ;-)
As you could have seen from my social media update, I landed in Sao Paulo, flew to Belo Horizonte for 2 days and then off to Rio de Janeiro.
I booked my domestic flights with GOL Linhas Aéreas and I was incredibly surprise by the quality of the plane, the timing and the kindness of the crew.
Gol airline brazil
GOL brazilian airline
Amazing, the landing at Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont airport !
Breath taking, the landing at Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont airport.
To go to my appointments, I travelled by taxi or with a chauffeur booked for the day. I highly recommend you to book a car transfer from each airport to avoid queuing for hours…no joking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment