Friday 25 October 2013

Travelling to & through France this Summer !

french-flag
I am heading to Paris at the end of the month via Eurostar. Sadly, I am only staying one night and therefore will not have time to play the tourist as I must go to a little city called  Guercheville (approx. 1h15 min drive from Paris) for a relative’s wedding. I must be honest with you, I do not know much about this city but I will investigate once there !
On this occasion, I am staying at the Hotel Novotel Fointainebleau, a 4* hotel located 10 km from Fointainebleau (55.5 km South Est of Paris).
chateau-de-fontainebleau
The city is renowned for the large and scenic forest of Fontainebleau and of course, the historical Chateau de Fontainebleau which once belonged to the Kings of France.
From there, I am heading South to Lyon, my home town, for a one night stop to then travel to Six Fours les Plages a lovely seaside city near Toulon.
six_fours_les_plages_big
I will be spending one week of relaxation including going around all the different beaches, visiting l’Ile de Bendor, Paul Ricard’s protected island where we will be hosting our wedding ! Of course the week will be full of culinary delight of sea food restaurants and night markets…
ile-bendor-001
I will report back to you on the blog but feel free to follow me during my time in France and ask me some questions !

0 comments:

Post a Comment